Sunday, March 22, 2015

District Leader

So SURPRISE...I got transferred. Ya...I wasn't happy about it, but hey, God had other plans so I can't complain. I was sad to leave my because I didn't even get to tell anyone I was leaving. We got transfer calls Tuesday night and then we had a full day Wednesday so I didn't get to warn anyone! I just up and left. I was sad because I wanted to stay for all the fun things we had planned, and I love our district! It was so fun and we were really close. But, I got called to be a sister district leader. Weird. Did not see that coming and I feel totally inadequate for that. I don't know what God's plan is but he fooled me! I thought for sure I'd be staying. So I'm back in my first area in the same stake I was in except I cover three different wards. Last year I was in this stake and covered only one ward. Crazy.

So I have a new companion! She is sweet and has been out for a little over a year. We are both new to the area though so it's been crazy trying to learn all the new faces and get all the people straight! Haha. 

Also, I sold my bike and I'm now back in a biking area. So I'm borrowing a bike! I was kinda sad that I don't get to use my own bike for my last transfer. I didn't think I'd be sad about selling my bike, but part of me wishes that I hadn't. Oh well. 

So this week was good. Before I left, we taught an investigator about the Book of Mormon and it went really well. This guy loves the Bible but we were able to show him how the bible and Book of Mormon work together and compliment, expound, and clarify each other. He really is looking for truth and even though he has a hard time wrapping his head around it, he says if that was all true that it would bring a lot of peace. So he truly has a desire and I know that he will get baptized someday. He is humble and realizes that he has to find answers for himself and that we can't get them for him. We were able to download gospel library on his phone so the text could be bigger and I'm sure he will read it. He's awesome. 

Anyway I'm on the iPad today because we don't have a library card and it takes longer to type! Haha so we haven't done much here anyways because it's a richer area so not as many investigators. We have just been trying to meet people in the Ward and the bishops and stuff. It's good. It's been an adjustment! I live with members and it is a young family. They have three little boys. I think God is preparing me to come home. Haha. 

So that is my thought for today, just do what God wants you to do. I was sad to leave for a minute, but I was calm and peaceful about it. I knew that God had other reasons and plans. Who knows what they are, but just go with it and you will find out! I'm excited for this transfer. :) so when God makes changes in your life or allows you to go through a trial, just know that he can see the big picture and have faith in his design. He knows what we need to learn and how we can grow. So embrace it! I read about faith today and when we act on the "seed" or anything that God gives us, we can see that it is good and as we work hard, we can see the fruits and our reward and we will have taken advantage of the opportunity God has given us to grow. Anyway I love you all! Have a great week and remember who is in charge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment