Sunday, March 22, 2015

Faith Leads to Action

Well, it's been another fast week. I seriously can't believe how fast the time is flying. I know, I know. I say that every time! But it really is picking up even more...if that is even possible. This week is a blur to me so forgive this terrible email...plus, I forgot my little sticky note that reminds me of what I did this week! There were a few cool things that I can remember off the top of my head though :) 

So last Monday I had been thinking during my personal study that I need to do better at using the scriptures to solve problems. When people ask me a question I need to do better at saying, "Well, lets look in the scriptures to see what these people did, etc" and help them find the answer for themselves instead of just giving them advice and talking at them. Well I prayed at the end of my studies that I would be able to do that better. Well, we went to a less actives home and were talking to them about the family proclamation and how they can come closer together as a family when they base their home on the teachings of Christ. Well at the end when we were about to leave, the father asked if we had any advice on what they could do in a certain situation with extended family. It wasn't really anything that I could answer as a missionary..it would have been more like advice and just being a good friend. However, I knew immediately that God was giving me an opportunity to practice what I had wanted to get better at and what I had prayed for that morning. Haha God works in mysterious ways! I tried to relate it to the scriptures...not sure what I said or how I did it, but it probably wasn't that great. However, it doesn't matter because I tried and I had an opportunity to apply something that I had wanted to work on :)

On Monday we also had a super fun zone activity. Last week we all made district shirts and we wore them to our activity. We went to a park and had a picnic as well as played party games! It was really fun and a great opportunity to get to know our zone better. I really enjoyed it. Plus our shirts are awesome! They are maroon with gold letters. On the front it says District Three in a Chinese looking font, written Japanese with English words. haha kinda funny. Then on the back it has our names and on a sleeve it has a phoenix. Super fun :) 

This week we have spent quite some time trying to organize our ward party that we will be having to focus on missionary work. However, the bishop doesn't want us to advertise it as a missionary workshop because then people won't come. So we are going to be having a luau! We are going to have dinner and some entertainment and then the workshops. It is going to be really fun hopefully. So we were going over our plans with the ward mission leader on Saturday morning. Every Saturday we go help clean the church, so we were having a quick meeting right after that. So we had a little miracle while we were there! As missionaries we had no idea where we could find entertainment...we have some Samoan families in our ward that we were planning on asking. Well we also were hoping the primary could sing a song to a ukulele to transition to the missionary stuff but we had no idea where or who could play a ukulele either (hence where the ward comes in). Anyway as we were leaving our meeting we look in the gym and there are some girls dancing the hula...haha then the Primary President walks in and says they are doing a performance in a couple weeks and that she is kind of over them and does it with them! Um...perfect!? Then while we are talking to her, in walks a girl with a ukulele! haha miracles! So, it might seem like a silly thing, but as missionaries we have been brainstorming and praying to know how we can make this a good experience and how it can all come together. So when all that worked out, we all just kinda sat with our mouths open...um yes! It was great and we were able to talk to the Primary President and see if that would be possible for them to perform! So slowly things are coming together. We hope the ward gets excited about it and that it all goes well! 

It was super awesome this week too because the lady who gave the lesson in Relief Society this week did it all about missionary work and had us go up to the front and she had everyone raise their hands who had inactive people on their visiting teaching list. Then she basically told all of them that they should be utilizing us and taking us out with them so that we can all be more effective and work together. It was super good. So we are really excited for this missionary training/party that will be coming up! It will be on April 11th, so I won't really be here to see the benefits of it, but I'm really excited for it nonetheless. 

My thought for this week...just have faith! Yup, it's that simple. God is aware of your goals and desires to grow. Just like when I was thinking that I need to be better about answering questions through the scriptures. I prayed that I would be able to get better at that and God gave me an opportunity to exercise my faith and grow. It can be the same with anything! If you want to be a better member missionary, pray for help and an opportunity to practice and become better, and if you have faith in yourself and in God, that he will help you, then you will receive an opportunity and you will grow and become better! The principle can be applied to anything. It just takes action on our part. Which the action comes when we have true faith. Faith leads to action. So, my invitation this week is to pray for a growing experience in whatever capacity that might be for you. Then, have faith that God will help you accomplish it. I know this church is true and that as we apply and live the principles of the gospel we can become more like Jesus Christ and our Father in Heaven. :)  

ps that reminds me...We had a huge lesson with one of our investigators about how he  needs to have faith and take action and pick a day to be baptized because God won't just all the sudden tell him a day to be baptized because that doesn't take faith! So later this week he told us that he was thinking of a day! He had the thought that he should maybe do it on his anniversary! yay!!!!!! He is making progress! He said he is still going to think about it, but even then, that is progress! Plus we are hoping he will actually pick another day, because his anniversary isn't until November...haha but either way he is taking the things we said and starting to apply it! It's the best! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment